Mixed Matters

An internet radio show interviewing authors, writers and poets on their latest and greatest works.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Recent Book Events

Recent Book Events

I’m finally getting back into the swing of things when it comes to promoting my book. The nice thing about attending events is that I’m learning more and more about the bay area and even Sacramento. I’m going places that I’ve never been before and that actually gives me a greater appreciation of California and its beauty and variety. Now, I’m not going to lie, having a gps system would have really helped me find the freeway entrance near Arden Mall in Sacramento as I traveled along. Driving along unfamiliar territory in the middle of the day is one thing, but at 11:00 pm sixty miles away from home, it was certainly another, especially when I knew I had just enough gas to make it home.
Friday evening kicked off my book-promotion weekend. Two other authors and I taped a segment on Playervision, (hopefully I spelled that correctly) where we took turns talking about our books for the hip-hop show. I just watched the playback of the show last night, it’s not easy watching yourself on television I have to say. The show was in Mountain View, which is a 70 mile, Carquinez Bridge, Bay Bridge crossing two hour commute from where I stay.
The next day, I drove to Sacramento to meet my fellow authors at Master Barber. There we signed a few books, then ate ourselves into oblivion next door at the Cobbler Inn Soul Food Restaurant. Wish we had more restaurants like that around here in Vallejo, but that’s another story. From there we moved on to The Plantation Restaurant, which is a very nice restaurant, bar and club set up on two floors. With catered chicken wings and cornbread, us authors sat at the signing table reminiscing on Prince, The Time, and Michael Jackson between talking to customers and telling them about our books.
I went solo yesterday to the Northern California Independent Booksellers Association’s 2005 Trade Show. I talked to some interesting people and handed out information about my book. Overall a great and busy weekend, and can’t wait for the next one.

Chandra Adams
Author
Shades of Retribution
www.AdrolitePress.com
www.ChandraAdams.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home