Mixed Matters

An internet radio show interviewing authors, writers and poets on their latest and greatest works.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Scorned Bachelorette in Paris

The Scorned Bachelorette in Paris

The other night I was talking to a good friend of mine who had just moved to North Carolina. We talk as if we still live only half an hour away from each other, so as I’m walking in the door, she is in the middle of watching The Bachelor: Paris. Well, more like the end, where apparently one of the bachelorettes got more than just a little irritated that she wasn’t invited back for the next round. That is one show I have refused to watch, but I’ll tell you, after what my friend described, I just had to check it out.

So I sat through the show – what a catch the new bachelor is for any young lady looking for love! He’s a doctor, wears that kind of smirk that lets you know that he KNOWS he looks good, and overall, seems like a decent human being. I mean, they even got one of his patients to explain how he saved her life after a heart attack, and she worked really very hard to sound sincere. They hugged after a staged check-up in his office and everything. Would you hug your doctor? And if he or she hugged you, would you consider suing them for sexual harassment? Oh, calm down I’m just joking around.

Anyhow, Allie G. was her name, and she really showed out. After Travis made his choices, she confronted him and questioned whether he found her attractive. I thought she was going to jump up and bite his ear off at any given moment and chew it while she demanded answers. Excuse me, sweetheart, have you ever heard of losing gracefully? And how about not looking so desperate in front of millions of people? She went on to mention to a couple of the other contestants that her eggs were rotting as she moaned and groaned about the rejection. Yuck. What an image, huh? I’m sure she still can’t figure out why Travis didn’t want to see her again.

If her behavior were any indication of things to come, I’d say that this is going to be a fight to the death for the remaining contestants. A good-looking doctor husband is what every little girl dreams of for herself and Barbie, and what just about every woman wishes for at some point in her life when she is looking for that special guy. Add to the mix some rapidly spoiling eggs, and oh, what a pathetic scene we have before us. Ms. G is obviously an accomplished woman and considered by most standards attractive. Either her family is pressuring her mercilessly to get hitched, or she has some screws loose. Which leads us to the question of why anyone would want their search for a mate televised. It would be a great move if you’re looking to break into modeling, acting, or you need some serious PR for your business venture or career. I’m not necessarily judging though – hey, whatever floats your boat, you know? But if you’re so serious about it that it warrants behaving like you need to be on medication, I’d say a safe bet would be to take it off-camera.

The good thing about it is that I don’t need to tune in next week, because she won’t be there to make a scene. I have enough reality shows to watch, and since American Idol is coming back, I have to devote the free time I have to watching that. Allie G., I hope you live this one down and really just kind of calm down.

Chandra Adams
Author
Shades of Retribution
www.AdrolitePress.com
www.ChandraAdams.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home