Mixed Matters

An internet radio show interviewing authors, writers and poets on their latest and greatest works.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Where Do We Go From Here?

Where Do We Go From Here?

I’ve been reading in the newspapers that the housing market is beginning to face its inevitable decline. While I could honestly care less, because I think that everybody needs a place to live, it does make me wonder what is safe to invest in these days.

I recall sitting on the sidelines in the 1990’s as far as investing went. My salary out of school was barely enough to help me pay for my student loans along with all of my living expenses, so I listened as my coworkers and some friends bragged and showed mock angst over what do about their investment portfolio mix. I dreamed of the day I would make my fortune investing, but by the time I was in a position to, the face of the stock market changed drastically.

With that said, there’s nothing like a bank account with some cash in it to make me happy. Very little risk, not much of a gamble, but I can sleep at night. No nightmares about losing hundreds of thousands of dollars as one company after another folded around the turn of the century.

I imagine there are so many various ways to invest money now, as long as you are comfortable with the associated risk. Investing in your own business, for instance, is definitely one very rewarding and solid way to build your financial future. Some people make the decision to go at it full time, some actually have no choice but to invest all of their time, money and energy into one, and some choose to invest their time and resources on a part-time basis. You either know or learn about the risk involved, and if you’re good at what you do, you will reap the reward.

Investing in precious metals seems to be another lucrative route to follow. The silver market is on the rise, and the gold market is tried and true. Investing in silver seems natural to me, because I love silver. I have always worn more silver than gold. Someone might think I’m a little strange for sharing this, but in astrology, silver is symbolic of the moon. My name means moon in Sanskrit, and the day I was born is ruled by the moon. Did I mention that there has been a supply deficit of silver for the past several years? Look out Macy’s, I just found another excuse to maraud the jewelry department for yet another sterling silver necklace and earring set. Or maybe I better stop by Tiffany’s and get one of those engraved necklaces.

Well you know how it is with some of us, mention shopping and we’re out of the door. Just wanted to give us all something to think about though, investing ain’t what it used to be, but it’s up to us to make it what we want it to be.

Chandra Adams
Author
Shades of Retribution
www.AdrolitePress.com
www.ChandraAdams.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home